- Spy Gear Laws
Restricted Items Information – Recording Devices
- KnightOwlSurvivalStore is not responsible for any misuse, intentional or otherwise, of any products available on our website that record or transmit audio or video signals, or any products designed as covert video and/or audio surveillance equipment. Nor are we responsible for any damages or liabilities incurred by any individual using such equipment.
- By purchasing any recording or transmitting equipment from us, including covert video and/or audio surveillance equipment, you acknowledge that KnightOwlSurvivalStore does not warrant that you may legally purchase, possess, or use these products according to any state or local laws. You also acknowledge that you have determined the legality of their use before purchasing; and that you are an adult of at least 18 years of age and under no legal disability.
- By purchasing any recording or transmitting equipment, including covert video and/or audio surveillance equipment, the buyer warrants that its use will be in strict compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding the purchase, ownership and use of the item. The buyer expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless KnightOwlSurvivalStore for all claims resulting directly or indirectly from the purchase, ownership and use of such item in compliance with, or violation of, federal state and local laws or regulations.
- It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to comply with all local, state and federal laws or statues pertaining to the possession and/or use of any of the products we sell. Please check your current local laws before ordering any device or equipment intended to record or transmit audio and/or video data.
STATE & LOCAL LAWS – Recording Devices
We know that State & Local Jurisdictional regulations can be confusing, and sometimes even contradictory. Furthermore, those laws are frequently changed, amended, or (sometimes) abolished.
Therefore, we must state that it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the purchase and/or possession of any of our self defense products is in compliance with any and all State and/or Local regulations.
Given the above disclaimer(s), we will offer the following as a (very) general guideline concerning the purchase, ownership and use of covert surveillance equipment:
- In most states, hidden video surveillance is legal, as long as it is not done in an area where reasonable privacy is expected. These areas include, but are not limited to, bathrooms, bedrooms and dressing rooms.
- In most states video surveillance does not require the consent of parties involved.
- In some states, the use of audio recording or surveillance requires the consent of at least one, and sometimes all, of the parties involved.
- There are also various Federal and State Laws regulating the use, and possession, of some types of audio surveillance equipment.
- We recommend that you check all State, Local and Federal Laws regarding the use of video spy (hidden) cameras with or without audio.